Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
Looks like in my state I may be eligible for vaccination starting Monday, they finally implemented a pre-registration system which I'm signed up for, so I guess the waiting game begins for real. My parents got their 2nd dose yesterday and my wife is going Monday for her 2nd.

I put up a short youtube clip yesterday (under 60 sec) playing a little riff using two products which simulate a particular amplifier, just to provide an A-B comparison to the world. I've got 86 views and 2 dislikes (without comment) and 0 likes. I can't imagine being an actual youtube creator, I don't think my ego could take the lack of validation lol While I think likes/dislikes do help to weed out terrible content, I do think the anonymity and over-simplicity of the binary choice discourages constructive feedback. Anyway, I don't think I'll be going into the influencer market anytime soon!
Eh - my channel does well enough it's now monetized (I'll be waiting forever to reach the threshold to actually get paid though). It's just like posting out here or on any social media. Someone is always going to hate it. Just have to decide you don't care if they do and you believe in what you're doing.

Long story but every now and then I will get a message from someone in the industry who either designed something i am talking about or who is a pro team wrench and they usually are giving pretty positive feedback. The validation of your peers is always nice and makes it worthwhile.

At the end off the day if you like doing videos for yourself then keep doing them. Eventually your audience will find you and YouTube is free.