Old 04-20-22, 06:42 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RobertPaulson
Don't be the guy ruining your love of riding by smashing everywhere head down on full tt kit to try and take strava crowns all set by folks tapping the pause button, gps errors or with a massive tailwind anyway!
Haha! For sure I'm not one of those guys. I actually do have a KOM but only discovered that I did when I searched for a segment to show someone exactly what the sprint was that I used to contest. Ended up I have a KOM on it, from 2015 or something. He told me I must be one of the only people to have had a KOM for 6 years and not know about it. Okay I looked it up, 2014, so 7 years, because I discovered it last year.

However... I am good on the drops on my bike for long rides, and in fact find myself gravitating towards the drops as the rides get longer. In the crits I do I rarely leave the drops. So to optimize the bike for the drops position isn't a bad thing for me. The flex thing bothers me now, after using some pretty stiff cockpit setups (current is carbon 37cm bar with a Zipp whatever chunky carbon stem). On the road bike I have less options so it's a custom steel stem and FSA alloy bars.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson