View Single Post
Old 09-08-22, 06:12 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by jethin
I bit it once while ghost riding a cursed Stella Arctic Cat like 6 miles. Whacked my leg good, and slightly tweaked one of the bikes.

That Stella was a basket case disaster, down to the stuck stem with 7mm stem bolts. Somebody else had a thread about one awhile back that was a pain, and I could totally relate.
Thought of your post today as I was ghost riding two miles in boston traffic to sell a fixie. Ghost riding a fixie is possibly more dangerous than ghost riding a normal bike!! I didn't get hurt, but I didn't like it! The bike wasn't selling, so I was getting desperate - prepared to deliver it a short distance for a buyer that was actually willing to show up!

Of course, I had that rap song "ghost ride the whip" by Mistah Fab stuck in my head the whole way as well. Great for my focus.

On a longer ghost ride, when I was in my 20s, I had to go across a drawbridge with the metal grates and lost traction on the ghostridden bike which then crashed into me bringing us both down (me and Casper that is). Both bikes got flat front tires, I think from pinching on the grates as they bound against each other, and I was somewhat banged up and bruised.

Last edited by scarlson; 09-08-22 at 06:29 PM.