Old 01-06-23, 01:58 AM
retswerb
Along for the ride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 212 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
But since late 2019 I've been using a pair of Drift Ghost X video cameras that came with 5 hour battery modules that lasted a true five hours per charge for the first year, and a little less the next year. I just replaced one battery module that finally wouldn't hold a charge, with Drift's newer 8 hour battery modules. These snap into the camera body and are weather sealed, no optional weather housing needed so far for the rainy rides I've encountered. No need for a backup battery for most long rides.

I highly recommend the Drift cameras for basic ride documentation for traffic safety and legal purposes. Beats messing with external battery packs for most other popular bike cams -- GoPro, Cycliq, etc. (In fact, the attorney who represented me after I was hit by a car a few years ago had the Cycliq and was disappointed in the runtime and reliability. I recommended the Drift cams.)
Thanks for this - I went looking on ebay after reading your post a few weeks ago and was able to pick up a used Drift for $31 including shipping. Haven't fully tested the battery life yet but it seems to be quite good, with decent video quality. Still figuring out how best to mount it.
Likes For retswerb: