View Single Post
Old 04-08-12, 01:41 AM
Michael Angelo 

Bikes: Treks (USA), Schwinn Paramount, Schwinn letour,Raleigh Team Professional, Gazelle GoldLine Racing, 2 Super Mondias, Carlton Professional.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
It was a give away, My brother picked it up for the owner. It came with a very used Galli Group, beat up Eddco Bottom bracket, worn and rusted Galli Brake set. The best item was the crankset and Galli pedals. If I ever find and old obscure Italian frame, It will get all those amazing wornout parts. Until then, it's been a fun adventure getting this biike roadworthy again. I plan using it on Sunday Morning Group rides. I'm the only one in the group that rides steel and is older than everyone else. Still, I can keep up a 20-24mph pace, it still amazes me that I can still do that at my age.
This Mondia was supposed to have been for my younger brother who lives in Atlanta, and was able to pick it up locally. Sadly my younger brother is a bit big for this bike, he's 6'5" 290lbs. So, I offered to make him a vintage roadbike that will fit him. I'm in the process of building him a 64cm Super Course. Custom paint, new build wheels by me, lots of real nice parts from my parts bins. Pictures to follow. So that's what's happened, I make him a Vintage Roadbike fitted to him, I get the Copper Mondia.
Likes For Michael Angelo: