View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 06:18 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,477 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by osco53
My Bad I wrongly assumed you had a good healthy set of engines,,, maybe a proper bike fit would help,, are you doing a proper cadence or mashing ?? I don't know..
Sorry if I seemed contentious ... I recognize the value of your approach ... I am sort of more in this school (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plu...-consider.html) but the knee thing .... I strained it doing other things, then forgot about it and tried to push a little .... and it let me know (It has been an on-and-off issue for quite a few years, and if I don't keep my legs strong (support from the surrounding muscles) I can make ti angry.

Comically enough, it felt a little better this morning, but I was pretty sure i couldn't ride this evening ... but i did a half-hour meditation, did some work, and took the bike out anyway---and the crunchy, overcompressed feeling went away. I am not sure if it si good luck or a miracle or positive thought ... add who cares? I got a few slow miles in before sundown ....

So anyway ... I am actually quite jealous of people like yourself and Carbonfiber boy .... which is stupid, but I am honest .... We all have our own paths, and for me athletics was never in the cards ... but if I hadn't thrown away decades of fitness training in my early forties, I might be able to do the kind of riding you describe .... so it is sort of my childish "Sour grapes" attitude .... along with the comedic aspect that I just happened to tweak my knee a couple days ago, just in time to make some smart-mouthed remarks in this thread ....