Old 09-20-22, 04:41 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Finally Giving Up on Ebay Selling

Welp,

I've heard it from numerous members here in the past, but things never seemed so dire in light of the fact that you can potentially get some of the most competitive prices selling on eBay. However, I had to cancel a transaction this weekend using the lame excuse that the bicycle was "broken" (I told the would-be buyer the truth) after eBay not only took more than 15% of the sale as a fee (including the "free shipping"), which is something I was willing to deal with - once - but also withheld my funds until AFTER proof of delivery. I am in a particular situation for a couple of weeks here that prevents me from being able to afford shipping the bicycle, which I imagine might be the case among many people attempting to make a quick sale for helpful cash. How on earth does eBay expect everyone to be able to afford shipping large items without the funds being available? It was ridiculous and infuriating and slightly embarrassing to have to explain to the client!

No more, no more... I'll continue to buy from those select vendors I've trusted for their reputable service for regular wares and who apparently work the system well enough to get by, but no more selling!

-Gregory