Old 04-05-20, 11:26 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
5 hrs of (mostly) z2 yesterday, felt strong AF, had two separate 10' segments at >100% FTP 4 hrs into the ride. Too bad there are no races right now for me to use this fitness with! Had some random wheelsuckers going down the Rose Cyn path and Santa Fe on the way back which kept me motivated to keep it pinned at or over threshold. I hate it when people draft w/o asking, and also found it confusing given the social distancing orders and that we had a headwind... Not sure what I would have done if they pulled through, either attacked or just backed off or something. Not trying to ride behind anyone else right now.

This afternoon I'll tool around on the TT bike for ~90 min spending some time in position, tempo or maybe SST tops. I'm taking it easy next week, which looks like it will coincide nicely with the weather report, which calls for rain. I'll prob be doing some TT stuff on the trainer.

Next month/block, I'm not sure what to do. My interval workout on Tuesday was hard - I'm not feeling super motivated to crush some anaerobic work right now given the lack of racing. We'll see what happens, I'll prob. just stick in "base mode", but with maybe reduced volume so I don't burn myself out for no reason.
Likes For TMonk: