View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 02:52 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
I've been ferreting out options all morning. It appears the last time Maps.Me was sold (2020) to some holding of a holding of a holding company some of the developers split off and created an app "Organic Maps". It is, in every sense I can see, the old Maps.Me. It looks the same and functions the same.

Now to offload Maps.Me and import to Organic Maps...done.

RE..Garmin Edge..I already have a good GPS unit and don't need another. As for RWGPS app..RWGPS runs off a cell signal. I'm looking for offline map functionality. I think(?) RWGPS offline functionality is a premium service..which I don't need as I use a GPS unit for navigation. I don't like using cell phones for navigation.

For those that use Maps.Me...I think you're going to want to switch over to Organic Maps(once you experience the updated version of M.M).

When you sent a RWGPS map to MapsMe I assume you had WiFi or cell service ?. If you have an Edge in the 30 series (530/830/1030), you can access your RWGPS routes directly from the device using the iQ app for RWGPS or with RouteCourse. You can then download a number of routes directly to the device, and no cell or data service needed once they reside on the device.