View Single Post
Old 11-10-21, 10:44 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
I think the main problem with the poll is the last choice. It implies that you can't enjoy cycling without doing weight weenieing on yourself or the bike. Maybe there should be more behind.

I have to get this off my chest. The real problem I have with the poll/thread is the OP starts up a thread/poll just so he can add an idiotic phrase to the model of the bike he is pursuing. Now every time he's talking bikes with someone, he will steer the conversation so that he can mention his change to anyone that will listen. That, is the worst thing I have read in the thread so far! Is that supposed to add some street cred? If that's the case, at least spell it "stoopid." Even with that spelling, nobody cares. They might still laugh, but they don't care.

I apologize for the rant.
It wasn't intended to be a poll. After doing the write up, BF presented a poll option I had never seen before. So, I ticked the box, generated 4 options off the top of my head. It really was that simple. I once generated a poll here & included every possibility in the outcome matrix. I caught flak for that too as some possibilities were impossibly unlikely. Sometime you gotta roll with what you think applies to the widest audience. 🤷‍♂️

As for the "Stoopid Light." Exactly. I thought it was a clever internet banter that made for more interesting reading. Some plot device or vehicle to convey meaning. Simply put, I think I can do better than the bike shop. To set the new highwater mark. The project in that light created unanticipated problems to overcome. My own personal weight being one of them.

In any case, here at Base2 Global Industries the bike is already named "Weenier Bike" on all internal documents. But that sounds silly. Maybe we'll do some market research, polling, etc...& see how "Weiner Bike SL" tracks. 😉

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: