View Single Post
Old 12-27-21, 11:55 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Remember that you really don't want to discharge a lithium battery too far, it cuts down on the number of charge cycles you can get out of it. Significantly in some cases.
Good point! My Cygolite was still going strong at 65 hours, but felt it was time to turn it off and recharge. Lots of reasons to have a generous margin on your lights...

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Not to me. I am always looking for a better tail light. I have yet to find a rechargeable light that will last a 1200K at a brightness that I prefer.

I had to buy a replacement in Rambouillet, I do not recognize the name. It sort of looks like the Cayeye Omni 3. This Cateye is rated at 100 hours in steady and 150 hours in flash. I do not own it, so, no idea about brightness, but it is only 41.6 grams with batteries per their instruction manual (I doubt it but that is what they write). The mount looks easy to use. As a backup to a dynamo system, it looks promising to me.
Thanks for the affirmation! Once replies started rolling in, I worried that my question was obvious to everyone else, and a waste of their time. I was sorry to hear about your Cygolites, mine has been completely reliable, but I've had other lights that just died out of the blue. Frustrating and disconcerting.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498