View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 09:03 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Not to me. I am always looking for a better tail light. I have yet to find a rechargeable light that will last a 1200K at a brightness that I prefer.

I had to buy a replacement in Rambouillet, I do not recognize the name. It sort of looks like the Cayeye Omni 3. This Cateye is rated at 100 hours in steady and 150 hours in flash. I do not own it, so, no idea about brightness, but it is only 41.6 grams with batteries per their instruction manual (I doubt it but that is what they write). The mount looks easy to use. As a backup to a dynamo system, it looks promising to me.
I bought a Cateye Omni 3. It was maybe 10 bucks. The seatpost clamp seems pretty decent but the thing they give you to put it on a jersey is junk, the light would be ejected immediately over a bump. One thing that I do really like is the clear housing giving some visibility almost 360. There are only three settings, two flash and one steady. I tested it from 150 yards at night and it was very clearly visible although not as bright as the Turboflash (to my eye). It weighs 43 grams with 2 AAA batteries, the mount is very light (did not weigh it).

I needed a blinky for one of my bikes and decided to give this one a whirl. 100 hours, 43 grams, and 10 bucks? I'll now in the coming months if it lasts.
Likes For GhostRider62: