Old 09-24-22, 10:17 AM
Random_bike_guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by coupster
Assuming that your rear dropouts are horizontal. (if not never mind) Loosely assemble the dropout spacers/stops and slide them into the dropouts, big end towards the back. Install the wheel and make sure that its straight and not cocked to one side. Slide the spacer/stops against the axle and tighten the screws on the drop out spacers/stops. Otherwise you will be cursing yourself every time you remove and reinstall your rear wheel as you try to get the wheel straight in the frame. Also if you don't install them, your axle will slide in the dropouts and eventually the rim will rub the frame and/or brakes.
me again, unfortunately. I installed these dropout spacers, but looking at them, I don’t see how they are designed to prevent the axel from shifting and when rubbing against the chain stay. I put them in with the teeth pointing forward (my dropouts are semi horizontal to the road, and pressed the axel against them, putting the skewer in as tight as possible. It would be fantastic if this worked since I’m had rear wheel shifting issues on the maiden voyage. I just don’t see how this will fix that. Thank you in advance!