View Single Post
Old 11-23-22, 10:46 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 710 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I really don't like stopping when I'm riding. Not sure why. I mean, the whole idea of a cafe stop appeals to me intellectually, but on the bike I just want to keep going. ….
this is why i don’t really ride with friends. they all want to stop and be social at all the cyclist friendly cafes and restaurants multiple times, which to me just totally ruins the vibe and cuts the mileage. i make one store stop to grab another gatorade or two and a snack as far into the ride as i can manage.

the fat burning chart is interesting, i think i’ve improved on that front, or just gotten better at flying close to the sun and using every bit of glycogen. i feel pretty good up to 50 miles / 2,000-2,500 calories with just a bar and gatorade. need one serious fuel stop up to 80 miles and beyond that it’s a bit variable.

lately i’ve been cutting off the ends of the fruit bar/strip packages before the ride to make them easier to eat on the bike. they’re compact and not dry, easy to get around 200 cal/hr out of pockets, plus what’s in the bottles. i can’t/don’t ride no handed.