View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 02:01 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
I am green with envy! Long have I hoped to find a Roma for myself. The top dog Legnano is, perhaps, the only Grail bike on my list. The OP is, indeed, fortunate.

I am a die hand Legnano fan! I have owned two, both Grand Premios, and loved them both. I still have my Grand Premio and have had it for many years. I bought it as a frame/fork set and have been acquiring Legnano specific bits and pieces ever since.

What bits and pieces did I pick up for my Legnano..?

An embossed Legnano head set...

A NOS Legnano crank set and bottom bracket...

A nice set of Legnano Campy high flange hubs,,,

And a Legnano steering stem (sorry no pic).

It has been a true pleasure getting my Leggy fitted out with all of these components. Sadly, my old legs are no match for the narrow and high gearing of the bike...

I might add that I will be buying another Grand Premio on Monday and for the paltry sum of $20.00 CND. Mind you, it is rusty and does sport a bent frame and fork. But for the twenty dollars I get a set of Universal 61 brakes (calipers and levers), a proper Legnano seat post clamp bolt, a rear brake cable hanger, another steering stem and, lucky me, a lovely Legnano head badge. I will add a pic or two when I get it home.