View Single Post
Old 09-13-22, 10:16 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
What's this about riding double your age on your b'day? I didn't know that was a thing.
........My b'day is in March. Usually I am a slacker through the winter months and not in the riding shape to do that distance easily. However this year for some reason I did get started riding regularly again in January and did do my b'day ride. However not double... just 64 plus a mile or two to spare.
.........Is there an age where we get to reduce that or maybe start using kilometers?
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
At an early age (probably by the age of six) I discovered that I prefer to ride at my own pace, for as far as I choose, whenever and wherever I feel like riding, and my riding decisions have never been influenced by arbitrary goals set by strangers.
Originally Posted by Iride01
Not asking others to set goals for me. I'm just making conversation.
..............That way I won't be makings replies showing how superior in my own world I am to others.
I had been riding 100 miles for a Birthday Ride and started doubling age for miles ridden after I turned 60 in 2010. Here in SW FL it is very flat and 100 miles = 100' or less so distance was not a big issue. My first Six Gap Century with 11,000" in 103 miles was at 66 and that was a good challenge. No one ever influenced me just self motivation.