roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 452 Times in 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
The knee problem may indeed stem from something else, and just be revealing itself when he does what he's doing. That doesn't change that there's a right way and a wrong way to stop and start on a bicycle, and reaching down with your tippy-toe to stabilize yourself while stopped is not the right way. There are a lots of broken arms and collarbones, in people's own driveway. There are some excellent videos on Youtube on how to start, stop, dismount, and restart again. It's worth drilling. If you can't do a track stand, you better learn the right way to stop and restart.
Maybe...except you two stated earlier in your comments that a rider could not touch the ground with the front part of their foot.
Tippy-toe might be an exaggeration. The inability to do this suggests one's saddle is too high.
Anyway, no need to admonish me. I typically trackstand at stops. Or lean over with the ball of my foot planted. Or entirely off my saddle.
For upwards of fifty years, I might add. So perhaps you can address your seat height issue or something else that causes you to klutz out.
Likes For roadcrankr: