Old 09-23-22, 04:15 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I know this is a year old thread. Any progress on this? I'm thinking of picking up a C'dale silk tour 800 locally but I'm not sure I want to deal with the headshok. Neat idea in some ways but no longer made obviously.

It is still in the planning stages unfortunately. My hope is that the Headshok will be OK. The fork does seem to have the correct amount of travel that I read it should have ( ~3/4") but I must admit it does feel a bit "sticky". The lockout knob works and worst case scenario I would think I could just keep it on lock out. But that would be a bit of a disappointment.

There was an eBay seller called Bikewagon that used to stock all these different sizes of headshock linear bearing races and I would have purchased some for a rainy day if I only knew the original part number from Cannondale. They listed like 6 different ones by their serial numbers but never said which model they are designed to work with. I like the Headshok beefy fork and would hate to lose it. My LBS mechanic said he would not touch it if the bearings go bad and all they would do is to convert the steerer to 1-1/8". I would rather keep it stock if at all possible.

Last edited by masi61; 09-23-22 at 04:59 PM.
Likes For masi61: