View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 07:37 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,576 Times in 2,340 Posts
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP
I am a former Certified Athletic Trainer, so was trained on how to deal with all the screwy injuries athletes get. The nice thing about that is the athlete can get a custom pad and wrap done daily. Unless you’re rich you have to try and make stuff that will work for a week or more. A donut pad will protect the bursa from getting smacked and swelling some more. I know it is a pain in the butt, but it is worth it. Try a covered donut then an open donut with an Ace wrap. If it stays inflamed too long it can cause more problems and then you have to have surgery and then you’ll be laid up for months.
oh really?! I have been wearing a compression sleeve. 2 shifts at my part time lumber job & I need to get back to my weight training. Sitting at my desk job or hours behind the wheel, driving back & forth to NY for family stuff is making me nutz. The swelling seems to vary depending on activity meaning it goes up but comes down again but never really goes away. Wish I had a private doc to drain it every day