View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 05:18 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP
The sad thing is that the bursa, being basically a water balloon, has no place to drain, so even if drained by a doctor it will basically fill up again. About the only thing you can do is protect it so it doesn't get bumped or rubbed and irritated. The donut pad and cover will help protect it a bit and the Ace wrap will provide a little compression to try and help keep fluid out and put a little compression on it to help keep if from filling up. Ibuprofen can be a little help, along with the icing, but really not much you can do. Don't bend/flex your arm too much or do something like tennis as that will just irritate it a bunch. Used to have problems with this on my basketball players. Doc would drain and inject with cortisone and lidocaine which helped a little, but basically it just takes time. Remember R.I.C.E.= Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Put the ice on, try and keep elbow above heart, wrap the ice bag with a spare Ace wrap in case it gets wet, and relax while watching the tube or something for the 20 minute time, with 40 minutes off.
Good luck
wow, just wow. I might be able to do that if I was in an assisted living situation but my lifestyle doesn't include that kind of rest
Likes For rumrunn6: