revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Sometimes folks say things in passing that catch you off guard when you think back to it.

I'm hoping there's nothing to it.

Guy that organizes the little club run TT's handed me some TT tires when we were all leaving for the night last night after a weeknight club run (not tt now that dark). He's been doing great, but undergoing some chemo. As cycling through the treatments and making it out when health permits based on the schedule for that. He made the comment he wanted to give them away as they'd "likely dry rot before he'd get to using them again". Tires don't dry rot in a year, or two even, that I'm aware of. Not sure why but my heart just sank knowing the other thing going on.
Don't read too much into this. I'm on a "medication holiday" from chemo, but I've been running and riding all the way through it. Chemo's effect on me was to incrementally decrease my running speed and power on the bike as well as endurance in both sports. You can't not think about your pre-chemo abilities, and it wears you down mentally and psychologically. Your friend is apparently in a "down" phase, and maybe he's looking at an upcoming more aggressive treatment regimen which he knows is going to put his pud in the mud. Showing your appreciation that he's out there at all is encouraging in itself.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: