Old 10-27-22, 07:00 AM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
Well, this pretty much gives them almost a year to wait until the last minute to get organized. I miss WES!
I believe Wes had disengaged with Eroica California organizational duties since 2018. I was under the impression he later moved to Japan to care for an elderly relative. I don't know if he still lives in Paso Robles/Atascadero area or retains his farm and horses. I do hope he's at the 2023 event, he's a good guy.

Originally Posted by Straightblock
I didn't get the email either, but I logged into "MyEroica" and it looks like the $90 early discount is available there.
Darn good idea and glad you checked and also let us know. Its quite possible emails can be missed or mis-spam filtered. Hope everyone who did go in 2020 or 2022 could take this early offer.

Originally Posted by obrentharris
Somebody had to say it. Ever since they cancelled the 2020 event and refused to refund my money I have little faith in their good faith.
Do I pay the $90 now and risk losing it when they decide there aren't enough riders returning, or do I wait unit August and pay an additional $60 if it looks like they are going to actually hold the event?
Brent
Yes, that's quite a conundrum. My sense is they do seem to be "committed" to trying to hold the event, and I'm happy they decided to move it to September to give them ample time to get prepared, organized, and hopefully establish a delegated US-based group to help with logistics and preparations. There have been rumors of folks (like me) wanting to be involved and helping if allowed, accepted, and able by the Italian organizers. We'll see. Plus with this much time, I think plenty of registrations will come in, both Nova (no conflict with Belgian Waffle Ride in San Marcos) and Classic, plus maybe a bunch more time for the pandemic to ease off and allow more domestic and international folks to come.

I'd be willing to spot you half of the super early bird fee if that makes it easier. You could always buy me lunch or something at the swap meet if the event happens!

Bart

Last edited by cb400bill; 10-28-22 at 05:20 PM.