Old 11-08-22, 08:34 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1450 Post(s)
Liked 731 Times in 374 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
It comes down to a question of does the cyclist have right of way on a marked bike lane and does the driver of the truck have a responsibility to yield to cycling traffic in that lane. There is no stop sign for cyclists as far as I can tell, so there is no expectation for cyclists to be stopping and yielding to turning traffic. I can I would suspect the answer is going to be yes, the truck driver has a responsibility to yield, which he did not do. Question is will the police cite him for failure to yield, which I suspect they won't do.
we simply don’t have enough information to reach a conclusion.

Assume the truck was well in front of the cyclist; Truck signals its turn, and slows. Cyclist rides into the truck’s blind spot. Despite checking mirrors and signaling truck driver doesn’t see the cyclist, and cyclist obliviously continues forward as truck turns.

Not saying it happened that way, but from the available information it is one plausible scenario.

and if it did happen that way, highly unlikely any jury would convict the driver of a crime, nor a civil jury not assign the majority of fault to the driver.

in other words we don’t know.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.
Likes For merlinextraligh: