Old 08-01-22, 12:06 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by kracksmith
ok thanks so they are both the same. I'll order it from the 1st link then.are there any company that does 52v 40ah? I checked with Amazon, they have 52v 30ah but they said their battery can't accept the 50amp continuous which my controller requires.
There is a lot of batteries other than just the size. There is a big difference between cheap and expensive batteries.

One of the most important aspects is C rate. Roughly if you have a 10v battery, and it can do 10 amps it’s a 1C if a 10V battery (pack) can do 50amps, it’s a 5 C battery.

Big difference in performance and life span if you are pushing the batteries any where near the limit. You probably want a capacity twice what you need – as getting near capacity is going to shorten its life, cause performance issues, and generate heat (bad).

I tend to do the research and get a high capacity Panasonic or Samsung battery. I need the high capacity, because I tend to use small battery packs, and need the higher C rate. Luna (last time I looked) tends to use pretty good batteries.