Old 07-22-22, 05:20 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts
Cool frame... I like the obscure brands. You didn't ask for any info or comments, so here are some... the chromed fork and rear stays is always a nice touch. I always liked that many of the 70's Japan frame producers used lugs with scrolled edges, more times at the headtube lugs, but sometimes at the seat tube (yours has both). The wrap around upper seat stay points are nice too. I like the almost a "World Champion" bands, and that a Japanese manufacturer used a gutsy name like "American Flyer" (I think someone here touted once that some company or other were taken to court to stop using a similar name.. probably Nishiki/American Eagle) on their product. I like the Kuwahara headset (I pulled one off a bicycle to use it on my recent Fuji build)... because of the brands connection to the E.T. movie; the headset was about the same quality of all low entry Japan headsets of the era, which is to say excellent for cost. And the biggest piece of history, with little to no connection to your bicycle, was that a girlfriend of frenemie, named Sabra, asked me to teach her to ride a 10 speed bicycle, and we rode together numerous times to help her build confidence, and that I really had a secret crush on her, but being a girlfriend of a frenemie, I never bridged that gap.

Last edited by uncle uncle; 07-22-22 at 05:23 PM.
Likes For uncle uncle: