Old 10-27-20, 07:58 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by rifraf
Be aware it appears Velo Orange might no longer be producing the Pass Hunter (old stock abounds elsewhere) but offer a horde of SS alternatives including larger Porteur racks .
Velo Orange has changed rack designs on a regular basis over the years. I bought my Pass Hunter bike frame (rim brake bike, not the rack) in Dec 2015, at that time they also sold a disc brake Pass Hunter frame. And they sold several racks, the Pass Hunter rack had the right shape to be a direct bolt on to the rim brake Pass Hunter fork. If my recollection is correct, in 2015 when I bought my frame they sold both the Pass Hunter rack and a Randonneur rack that was very similar but offered a bit more adjustability.

But they no longer make a rim brake Pass Hunter frame, so no longer make a canti brake post mount Pass Hunter rack. But their website indicates that they make a Randonneur rack in two versions, one is canti fork mount.
https://velo-orange.com/collections/...ack-cantilever

I think the company changed ownership in the last few years too.

I considered buying the Pass Hunter rack for my Pass Hunter bike when I bought the frame, but decided not to put a rack on the front of that bike.