Old 12-07-21, 11:22 AM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by jgwilliams
Last Christmas I bought a pair of Fulcrum Racing 6 wheels. Not top of the range, but I've been very happy with them so far.

Just recently I've been hearing odd noises - initially I thought they were coming from the BB but it turned out to be a huge amount of excess play in the freehub. So, I put in a warranty claim to the CRC. Their response was that spokes, nipples, bearings and freehubs were serviceable/maintainable parts and normally had a limited warranty. Well, when you look at a wheel that really doesn't leave a whole lot. I can't imagine a rim failing other than in an accident, which would also not be covered. The only part left would be the hub body.

As it happens, CRC kindly provided a new freehub for me anyway, which would have been my preferred outcome. But I wondered what other's reactions would have been. I would have thought that bearings, at least, should be covered.
That starts out as a small amount of play in the free hub which you should have noticed. Nice of them to replace the free hub.