Old 01-13-22, 12:21 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,063 Times in 788 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
My friends asked me to sell this and I don't know much about it except what I can see here:
It's probably hi-tensile steel tubing, maybe bike-boom (early 1970s) vintage, possibly a little earlier since the workmanship seems better than the slap-dash of a typical UO-8, etc.

The paint is petty nice (for its age) except for one 4" long scrape on top of the top tube (easy to retouch) and numerous small chips/scratches, but this looks stunning in the sun from 10 feet away!
Stamped DOs and forkends, some braze-ons but would be a great Single Speed or IGH conversion. Wagner forkcrown and nice long-point lugs that may be Prugnauts, and pump pegs!

52cm seat tube, 54cm top tube (C-to-C, longer than square) takes 700C wheels with ample clearance for 28s or 32s (I think) and brake reach for the front is about 56mm.
I polished the chrome socks and they look much better than when the pix were shot, I bet the paint will also perk up with a coat of wax.

French threading of course and all it has is the pinch-bolt with rear brake hanger, rough guess with a caliper is 25mm seatpost but I will try to get a better guess and update this.

Check out the many pix. Classy graphics!

BUMPING and EDITED: PRICE REDUCED: Asking $55 plus either shipping by BikeFlights or ShipBike local pick-up in SF Bay Area is encouraged!
AND Local pick-up in the SF Bay Area is strongly encouraged cause you'll save on shipping; I might even be convinced to deliver this to you if on a major mass transit route! MORE savings!