Old 05-06-22, 12:16 PM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
When I read where you are I was thinking dry, but read on to see you are having wet weather. So you need some cover. Still since you say elsewhere that bugs aren't a problem a tarp should work. I find that I can genreally get by without carrying poles. The bike can be a pole on one end and for some pitches one is enough, but for two the other end can be a tree, picnic table, sign post, fence, guard rail or whatever.

Edited to add... I often think about getting back near that general area. I figure that the Sisters area would be great for some mixed off road touring and maybe some backpacking thrown in.
yes typically we are very dry here. This year we are abnormally wet. I feel like the coast moved in… I think I even smelled the ocean on this morning’s breeze.

I would love to head to Sister’s. I was down that way last year for Memorial Day Weekend and hiked around quite a bit from base camp. I remember wishing would have brought my bike.

KC8QVO i really wish a tent right now was an option… and I still haven’t completely given up on it…. Your ‘20 Earie Canal Trip combined with the crazy weather pattern we are currently having is what made me realize I might be hunkered down for several days at a time.