Old 06-15-22, 10:20 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray9
I am not rich. If I were I would develop a wireless lighting system for bikes. Not headlights but the flashing lights that go on the back that can be put anywhere. I have never been able to find any that can be activated by a wirelesss switch on the handlebars. It is a pain in the neck especailly for older riders to fumble for a cheap button on the light. Once i get going I do not like to stop, it is not safe. Is there one out there for daytime riding? Thanks.
Garmin Varia tallights, Garmin Varia headlights, some of the Trek/Bontrager headlights and taillights (specifically theses Ion lights) can all be controlled from the head unit if it will manage lights. I know all the Garmin units do and so do the Hammerhead Karoo's. Basically, any light that claims ANT+ connectivity can usually be controlled this way. Trek specifically has created lights that are for daytime riding and are ANT+ remote capable. On my Karoo, when the ride is paused, it turns the lights off.

Bontrager also has a remote control to mount to the handlebars to do this. So does Niterider to control all their NiteLink lights. I have the Niterider Lumina Pro 1300 and the Omega EVO 330 taillight. They can be paired to turn on and off with the taillight slaved to the headlight, turn the headlight on, the taillight automatically turns on. The remote control does more than that.

This capability has existed for several years.