View Single Post
Old 07-03-22, 12:31 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
@DiabloScott

I had each eye done about 3 weeks apart. Then about 1 month (3-4) weeks later I begin with a series of adjustments. Each adjustment (on both eyes) was done a week apart and after my 2nd adjustment they had been dialed in as good as they were going to get. I have had 1 "locking down" procedure and I go in for my final "Lock down" procedure this Wednesday. After that I won't need to fear UV rays any longer. Since my lenses are adjustable I needed to wear clear protective glasses while inside and darkened while outside.

Both the optometrist and surgeon (who is doing everything) agree that I'm at the point of being corrected as good as it's going to get and I'm with my range of vision. There have been no warnings (and I have asked) regarding my vision shifting or other effects that may crop up with time.

I'm not sure why you want to wait so long between procedures but that's obviously up to you and the advice you receive from your doctor. I'm just happy that it's almost done and I can return to normal. I'd have to say I'm extremely happy with the results. It's nice doing different things throughout the day and never having to wonder where my glasses are. Because of the focal lengths I picked, I will need glasses for reading. But for right now, I can do all my computer work, drive and enjoy the outdoors without any help.
Adjustable implants is an interesting idea. I don't beleive mine are adjustable. My first eye came up to 20/30 in the first few weeks and my second one to a little better, but the images from both looked a little grainy. We made some spectacles to try to improve me near 20/15 and the graininess was resolved and my distance vision is pretty darn good. But now, sometimes my distance without the specs is better than my distance vision with the specs.