Old 08-28-22, 03:48 AM
liwhitehat

Bikes: 1992 Trek 950

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by IcySwan1
Liwhitehat, can you tell us more about the contacts you got? I haven’t heard of getting contacts after IOL surgery but that might just me the bee’s knees for not using glasses if they don’t impair the distance vision of the new lens.

Mike
I tried three: Bausch + Lomb Ultra, Acuvue Oasys, and comfilcon A. Of the three, I found the Bausch + Lomb to be way too flimsy for easy handling; slightest bit of moisture on my fingertip, and they would invert themselves. Acuvue Oasys, much easier to handle, and good vision. I decided to go with the comfilcon A, as these had marginally better near vision than the other two Comfilcon A uses a different technology than the others. One lens is center far (usually dominant eye), and the other is center near. In all cases, I opted for the "high" add (+2.5), even though I never used "readers" that strong. In very dim light, or very small print, you might still need low powered (+1.25, 1.5) "readers." Otherwise, the lenses readily adapt to varying distances, say phone in your hand, vs. computer screen. My monofocal implant gave me 20/20, but if your post surgery vision is slightly less, al of these cotacts add power in .25 steps, which can bring you tp 20/20 (or better?).

I did not exerience any distance vision degradation

Bottom line, cataract surgery and contacts has given me the best overall vision of my life! HTH