Old 01-21-23, 10:20 PM
Amitoj

Bikes: Bianchi Campione, Specialized Diverge Comp E5

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
A lot more people than one would think have mild scoliosis. I have trouble with saddle sores on only one side. I've had my legs measured by a doc and they're the same length. So that's my guess. A good doctor can tell by examining your back muscles for asymmetry, no X-ray necessary.
Thanks! Now that you mention it, I did see a chiropractor once who said something about my lower curvature. This was years ago though. I'll try to get my records from them and see what exactly it was.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat
Jeez, how did we ever fit ourselves before power meters? Maybe your saddle is crooked, bent, or too high, maybe your hip alignment is crooked, maybe one leg is shorter than the other, maybe your cleat alignment is off, or maybe your pedaling dynamics are just asymmetrical. Sorry I can't fix your problem, but hopefully I've given you a few things you and a riding buddy or professional fitter can look at.
This is exactly what I was hoping for, that is, the things that I can cross off and the things I can look further into.

Originally Posted by Kontact
Have you examined the shorts to rule them out? The difference between the two seems like the biggest clue.
It happened on 2 Rapha shorts. Maybe their material is softer and hence wears out more than the one on Specialized shorts.