View Single Post
Old 03-02-08, 06:30 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I believe we discussed all these bikes previously, with the exception of the Sport. It is indeed a good match for BlankCrow's and appears to be almost exactly one calendar year more modern, if we assume the C & D are the year indicators. The interersting thing is that he has two components dated to January 1987, yet the only years that I can find that used the "series" bar decals on the downtube logos were 1989 and 1990. Even if one of his was produced in late 1988 for a 1989 model year, the early 1987 components are a bit of a stretch. However, pending further info, my best guess is that Blank Crow has a 1989 model and you have a 1990 model.
T-Mar, you can't see it on my 87 Custom Sport pics because there is not enough pixel information, but my 87 Custom Sport has the same downtube decal that says "Sport Series". My derailers are 1987 as well.
The 1988 Nishikis did not have the "series" decals.