Old 07-08-08, 11:11 AM
GMaxx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So since I last posted here about my trailer experience I have taken the trailer to the grocery store a couple of times and to the farmers market.
The first trip I took a cooler, which fit in the cart perfectly, and picked up 4 gal of milk, 2 7lb bags of ice, some butter and a few other items. All told almost 60 lbs. I thought I was in trouble as I walked my rig to the parking lot, it was way unstable. But as I mounted up and started moving it was fine. At 20 mph it started to wobble and almost pulled me over. So with the speed at around 15 and a smooth steady cadence it was just fine.
My next couple of trips I carried loads of 45 and 48 lbs with no problems at all. Any wobbles were easy to control. I had a top speed of 28 mph with no issues at all.
Yesterday I took it to the store again and picked up what ended up being 67lbs. along with some dry goods I had two gal of milk. The liquid weight seems to be the issues with wobble. but with only two gal, I could control it ok. I did find that sitting way back on the saddle at higher speeds helped a ton.

All in all the cart works great. But I will still likely move to an xtracycle.