Old 12-03-20, 08:51 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked 1,770 Times in 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by keepon
Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately, I've already spent most of my budget on the 105 components and the return policy isn't generous for some of the sites I purchased from (read: I can't return some of the 105 parts at all). With that said, I visited my LBS today to ask their advice and they suggested looking for an 11-speed freehub that would be compatible with my current Axis Sport wheels. I'll upgrade wheels later on when I have additional funds available, but adding an 11-speed freehub to make the wheels compatible with 105 seems like an affordable alternative in the meantime.

The LBS owner helped me research the Axis Sport wheels on my 2019 Specialized Allez and determined that the same Axis Sport wheels are used as stock wheels by Specialized across a range of bikes, only using different freehubs depending on whether the drivetrain is 8-speed (like mine) all the way up to 11-speed. This is the 11-speed freehub that is compatible with my Axis Sport wheels: Specialized Formula Freehub (2014 Axis 2.0) (Shimano) (11 Speed) (Fh-04K). This freehub can be viewed on amaincycling . com if you google it; sorry I still can't post links.

Unfortunately, the freehub is out of stock on that site and I haven't been able to find it elsewhere. Do you all know how to determine whether another 11-speed Shimano freehub would be compatible with my Axis Sport wheels? If you happen to know a better way to locate this specific freehub on more websites, that would also be a huge help. Thanks!
If you just need a freehub body, Amazon has them in stock.....just make sure it will fit your hub

105 free hub

or Ultegra:

Last edited by jaxgtr; 12-03-20 at 08:56 PM.