View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 08:34 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 1,045 Posts
Good to see you asking these questions now. Of course the laws may change but for the most part the posts are dead on. I asked the same questions at a High School reunion and received some advice that held true. The advice came from a top attorney financial adviser, now retired from Houston. He said to try to take at least half of the money SS pays you and squirl it away for when they ask for it back. I laughed at the time but in fact two years latter owed a payback to SS for more than 12K. Long story but it was all my fault and maybe I should have listened more closely to his advise.

Further advice would be that every time your SS check arrives and clears the bank to smile and let it be a surprise... Ha

As for Medicare just remember this... "THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE IN A MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN". Go for straight Medicare and select a reasonable secondary. Make sure the secondary has good ER coverage and covers office Copays.