View Single Post
Old 07-27-21, 08:23 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 4,837 Times in 2,991 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I feel like she is exaggerating the safety issue. Like so what if my foot slides off the pedal, it happens, never crashed because of it. She is right that I'm riding at above normal intensity when riding with them though.
It can be really painful in a number of ways. Slip off the pedal when you are pedalling standing and your man-parts might not forgive you. Then there's the pedal coming around and smacking the back of your shin scenario. Not to forget the outer exposed chainring teeth potentially embedding themselves in your leg if you slip off when in the small ring. Also there is a chance of a crash as you suddenly get jarred off balance. But these are not the main reasons why I prefer to be clipped into road pedals. I just prefer the precision and locked-in feel of them. Off-road I prefer to have my feet loose to dab a foot down more easily and not have to fumble around re-clipping after every dab or stop. But I do get the odd minor injury from slipping off the pedals when I'm being careless or just tired. That's the worst thing about pinned pedals, they are weapons!
Likes For PeteHski: