Old 02-14-21, 08:53 AM
Branko D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
I just purchased a Salsa Warbird that came with TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes and I thought the first order of business would be to change them out for hydraulics but holy crap, these brakes are pretty damn good. Anybody else have good luck with these or have any tips or tricks to make them even better? I have some non-hydraulic di2 shifters that are going on soon so I though about upgrading the rotors to Dura Ace and the pads as well since they take the same style pad as Shimano. Any thoughts?

I run TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes on my road bike, paired with Deore XT rotors (which are surprisingly light) and they're really, really good. Using mechanical Dura-ace levers at the moment. Just periodically adjust pad spacing, swap the pads when they're worn and that's it (I think I'm using Decathlon brand semi-metallic pads at the moment, kinda howl in serious rain but brake well). Bloody good brakes.

They need a slight bit more effort than hydraulics but I like the modulation, and they just don't give me any grief, squeal, rub or anything.

Last edited by Branko D; 02-14-21 at 01:47 PM.
Likes For Branko D: