Old 02-23-22, 12:58 PM
am8117

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
I have the same hate for these shaped handlebar. It's even worst for these aero ones who aren't even close to being round!! You will most likely need custom mount. You could also put electrical tape on the left side of the mount to prevent it from sliding down, but it will not look great.

I was able to secure my computer mount on my new gravel bike by adding a layer of rubber tape between the bars and the mount clamp. It seems to be holding. Will see after a few rides if it slides down towards the drops or not.
I wish there was conical insert made with a stopper that can be put on whichever side of the stem and provide constant diameter tube. Most of the clamps that come with lights/computers/etc already look hideous. I am trying to solve this problem without adding whole new bumper to the bike as much as I understand it might be functional.

Then the super sleek solutions are very specific e.g. garmin & gopro mount that's it ... I would like eg 2 gopro mounts for 2 lights both of which come with that "universal" mount.

If the adapter goes for $50 ... well given my aluminium bars I might look for some with non-conical shape but I have not seen any ... regular aluminium kind ... with that shape.