Old 09-26-22, 10:29 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
Ugh. I so wish this were 1-1.5cm longer in the top tube.

Looks great, considering, and a very fair price.
Mine, an inch shorter ST, rides nicely with a 14+ cm stem. (Pearly 13, the measuement being center of HB to perpendicular to steerer centerline, not top of bar to center of quill bolt.) Top tube is short but the front axle is out there. (Shallow HT, a lot of fork rake. Plus mine has a 74 degree ST so that short TT is pushed forward. (Why 74 ST? Got me.)

Originally Posted by mkeller234
I totally forgot that this had weirdo dropouts! If it helps tip anyone, I have a Huret Jubilee rear derailleur in fantastic condition that I was considering listing for sale.
Dave Levy of TiCycles modified my derailleur hanger to the ISO/Campy/SunTour/Shimano standard, Along with a lot of other work that was more important to me so I paid no attention to what he did. I think he just cut a curved piece of steel and brazed it on. Of course, do that and it's repaint time. A given with all the work mine needed.