View Single Post
Old 07-04-23, 01:58 PM
El Chaba

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 198 Posts
Originally Posted by mpetry912
that's a nice looking part ! Elegant solution to a complicated problem.

/markp
It is an elegant solution. As soon as the need or desire for a decaleur-based handlebar bag comes up, unless all of the stars fall into alignment, SOMETHING will have to be custom made. A whole bike could be designed around such a handlebar bag system, and from the original constructeurs and the newer ones practicing the same dark art it often dictated the top tube length of the frame. In my opinion, it is worth the trouble for the stability and to clear the handlebars of clutter. Also in my opinion, if you can make do with a smaller bag, a rack based bag without a decaleur provides all of the benefits without any of the hassles….but sometimes you just need the storage. I spent so many years racing and not carrying anything that couldn’t fit in my jersey pockets that even a small bag to carry the extra clothing, food, a bottle, etc. that always seems to be needed on a long ride-especially in changeable weather- seems a great luxury and is a huge improvement over grossly overstuffed jersey pockets.