Old 10-22-22, 02:38 PM
dongo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61
Let us know how it goes.
Not to try to derail your search for these little washers, but I have a follow up Hollowgram crank/BB30 bottom bracket question: is each Hollowgram crank (double road, triple road, triple mountain) only have ONE axle/spacer configuration or are there a number of ways of doing it?
I believe that each Hollowgram spindle/BB combination has one configuration that works. If you search for "Cannondale Hollowgram Installation" *images* you can see all of the different configurations and exactly what goes where. I just replaced the PF30s on 2 of my Cannondales and I was fortunate because on the non-drive side the spindle had that lip that limits exactly how far it comes out on that side so you just put the bearing shield on then tighten that side. On the drive side you put the bearing shield, 1-4 of the 0.5mm spacers, a wave washer and then the crank, but depending on the spindle length you may need spacers. Again though, that is in the diagram for your configuration. In my case on one bike I needed 1 0.5mm spacer and on the other I needed 3, but when you get it right and the wave washer is just about 1/2 compressed it's a thing of beauty.

If you are using the original spindle and cranks it should go very smoothly. This time I used the Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BBs and those things are awesome they thread in the middle so there is ZERO play when you are done, and presumably because of that the bearings will last longer. Better than the SRAM PF30 BB IMO cause I've had issues with those two times, even if they are 1/2 the price.

Good luck!
Likes For dongo: