View Single Post
Old 02-26-11, 10:04 PM
DMNHCAGrandPrix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M
I agree with BG, this is a great looking Bianchi. One of the few bikes that I've seen that looks real good with white striped sidewall tires.
Nice work
Thanks to several people for kind comments on my favorite bike. The tires are Continental Grand Prix 4000's with a white reflective stripe. I thought the reflective stripe would be a good for commuting, and I think mix of black and white in the wheels plays well with the black bars and white hoods of the Campy brake levers. When I bought the bike it had a mix of Armadillo and Gatorskin tires. Switching the tires, changing the stem, and keeping everything else black, white or silver was all it took to bring out the classic beauty of the Celeste frame and gleaming alloy components.

Originally Posted by AndyK
Really nice! How do you ride on the hoods? The levers are WAY tilted up!
Some people like to have the bottom of their bars nearly level with the ground, which typically produces downwards sloping tops. Others like to have the tops of the bars nearly level with the ground all the way to the hoods, and the bottom of the bars angled so that they point towards the rear hub. I find the second set up much more comfortable for riding in either the tops, the ramps, the hoods, or the drops; probably because I no longer have the flexibility to lean as far forward as I used to!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1000700_2.jpg (99.6 KB, 4973 views)
File Type: jpg
P1020619.jpg (96.8 KB, 4976 views)