styggno1
Steel is real

Bikes: 40 - accumulated over 40 years

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 303 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I need to read through this more but I think the appearance of the Cauras decal is simple miss labeling by owners who didn't take the time to get the correct decals. That one black green is an obvious repaint, just look at that crappy attempt to paint a head lug.

BTW two of the three US market Protos I've seen did not have a Proto decal, but that is common on Reparto Course frames of the time. The third is an obvious repaint.

AFAIK all US Proto frames were painted in the states and I believe you could pic some colors. Mine sports Celeste with a decal similar to an '89 Advantage. I may have been one of the first in the country to get one.
Hi Bianchigirl,
Yes, I believe you need to read thru the posts and click at the links. I do not know which "black and green" you mean but they both have their original paint. There is also no miss labeling when it comes to "Caurus" as you will see if reading it all thru.

I would be very interested in getting the serials of the frames you have or have had - if it is possible. It would add to the puzzle.