View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 08:31 PM
Smokinapankake

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 258 Posts
The campground was empty until about 10 pm when a young couple occupied the site next to me. Between his incessant yapping and the F-35 jets from Hill Air Force Base flying over every half hour, I didn’t get much sleep. But I had the promised of an outdoor shower in the morning to look forward to.

Smoky sunrise - lots of wildfires in 2020

After breakfast and a surprisingly warm outdoor shower, it was time to pack up and make my way home. My knee was still sore from yesterday’s exertions, so my visit to the visitors center was short.
The day turned out to be quite beautiful and the return trip was uneventful. No tire trouble, no lost credit cards, no backtracking to get enroute. Lunch was a delicious PB&J and some left over jelly beans while in the rail trail:

I was very happy to take a nap in the shady grass at the trailhead where my wife dropped me off while I waited for her to come pick me up.

All told I think I rode about 70 miles over the two days. It was interesting to see the bison on Antelope Island, but I didn’t want to get too close for pictures. I’m kind of wary of large 4 legged animals…
Likes For Smokinapankake: