View Single Post
Old 08-01-21, 09:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
I would wonder if Drippy actually bought one of these but if one does buy a Bosch equipped bike be aware changing tire sizes can have an effect on the ride and how the motor assists. The Firmware is set by Trek for that bike and wheel size and other things. You cannot change to different gear systems easily and sometimes at all according to Bosch and (mainly their lawyers I am sure) and if you do try to change it gets messy.

That all being said you can upgrade things and have a good time. Drive Units, no. Displays, yes but you need a shop for that. Batteries potentially like a 500wh Powerpack in replace of a 400wh Powerpack but again you want to get a shop involved so you can make sure all the firmware is updated and make sure it is all done right. Not having everything on the same or correct firmware for that component to work with everything can cause many problems and I have seen it happen before.