View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 10:35 AM
bikebikebike

Bikes: Downtube IX NS&FS, Dahon Speed8Pro/Matrix/Curve, Brom S2L,Montague Para, ICE-XL w/Rollie/Schlumpf, Trident Spike, ebikes, BFSatRDay

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 81 Posts
less than 500 miles, light use, though ,as I said, the BBSHD is overpowered and capable of 1500 watts (30Ax52v). PO may have flogged it , but the whole bike was real clean.
I use it as a pedal assist at 5A mostly
There is enough side play/wiggle at the hanger bolt to produce jockey wheel side play of 2-3 mm in the affected middle gears. First time I have seen that.
It's hard to reproduce on a stand or riding, since when I'm loading it, I'm not looking down =8() , maybe load changing geometry in that part of the RD range to initiate partial shift?
Cage and wheels straight without play in their joints, cassette spins true, very clean, no play, no conspicuous tooth wear or damage.
I replaced. chain with new Shimano 9speed as the first move. and aligned hanger.
Shimano replacements have gotten real hard to get and priced above MSRP plus shipping, so swapping may just have to be with whatever I can find.
My US sourced Ebay new "Acera" RD was the worst counterfeit I have seen to date. sigh. (not used as replacement )
Thanks for your thoughts

Last edited by bikebikebike; 08-03-21 at 03:39 PM.