Old 05-11-22, 12:11 PM
Jazzyg72

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 200 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1
No problem, glad you got it...backstory and better pictures?
Best, Ben
The seller sells out of a tiny garage maybe 8' x8' and the sidewalk and lawn frontage to the street. He stuffs around 30+ bikes into it on the daily. I told him I was coming for the bike and when I arrived the Windsor was at the bottom of the pile. Once it was improperly yanked out it was immediately apparent the seller had swapped all of the campy parts out to other bikes around the garage along with the TTT bar/stem and brake levers. After calling him out on it he reluctantly started the search to find all of my missing parts on bikes around the garage but couldnt find his allen wrench to remove the wrong crank arm bolts while laying the bike on its side on the sidewalk. After more disagreement the FD and RD were swapped all the time saying he no longer had the stem, bar and levers - the bike now had a steel stem. chrome bar and safety levers off of a 80's Huffy. I spotted my stem and bars on a mid level Bianchi about 30 feet away on the lawn.

Got the swap going eventually but he was upset apparently because the original levers (Universal) were gone and he said he didnt know where they were and the bars now had Campy Record levers. He was now holding the bike hostage and wanted $70 more for the Campy levers. I at this time just wanted out of the neighborhood and talked him down to $50 so I could leave. The cable and housing didnt fit the Windsor and he offered to cut pieces of housing off of other bikes to make it fit - I am not joking. This was while my bike was top tube leaning on rough stucco wall. I ended up paying $300 with the Campy levers and left.

This guy is located blocks away from Watts in Central LA and it was not someplace that I felt at all comfortable being in due to some past experiences many years ago around that area by mistake when I worked for Raleigh NA. Also I need to say I tried many many times to get the seller to meet me in a safer location and he refused. I even offered to pay him significant cash to meet me elsewhere and was refused including in front of a nearby police station. Also on a side note as I was leaving he tried to sell me some watches - What he described were all high end European watch brands. I continued walking to my car and he said he would text me pics but I never received anything.
Likes For Jazzyg72: