View Single Post
Old 08-01-22, 12:30 AM
BMC_Kid 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by BillRS22
This is a 1974 Mercian Pro that I rebuilt with Campy components earlier this summer. I bought the bike in 1975 and originally
built it up with DuraAce components. In the 90’s it sported a Campy Veloce 3x7 drivetrain. The bike was pretty much retired
in 2004, so this year I decided to rebuild with vintage Campy components. The bar and stem are Cinelli. The bottom bracket is Phil Wood, and the headset is Stronglight A9 Delta(?) , both probably installed around 1985. Maybe next year I will install a
vintage Campy BB and headset, and an older seatpost too. I am not trying to be perfectly correct with all components date matched, just setting the bike up with pre-index parts.

PS: Andy Stewart.

Andy, this bike was repainted by Cyclery North in Chicago maybe 1Q 1985. I think you posted some items regarding that shop.
Maybe this a frame you repainted? If so, you did a great job as the bike looks really good almost 40 years later.

this is my first attempt at pictures, so please be understanding if they don’t attach properly. Bill
Lovely bike. Glad you held onto it all these years. I still have the first bike that I purchased in 1983, and every time I ride it (which is only on a very limited basis) I am glad that I never sold it.